Saturday, April 16, 2011

Remembering the 32 Victims

I want to take a break for a minute to talk about something serious, something that affects me today. On this day 4 years ago, a tragedy struck a small town, a gunman opened fire on Virginia Tech's campus and killed 32 people before taking his own life. As a current Virginia Tech student myself, I was not on the campus when it happened, and I would never want to go through what they went through, nor wish this fate upon anybody else. Today, we are all Hokies, and we grow stronger as a community from this terrible event. As I prepare to take part in the candlelight ceremony to pay tribute to those victims later tonight, I just want to take a moment of silence to remember those who died in one of the worst school shootings ever.

Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment